skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Triple Layer Cheesecake; Coffee Bean
The godfather grand duke monster of cheesecakes: not one, not two, but THREE different types of cheesecake squished into one slice! Naturally, the moment I laid eyes upon it I knew I had to have it. It's my exotic mishmash Everest! My dessert Godzilla! My gentle creamy giant! As a huge believer (pun intended) in the adage that size matters (wait... except when it comes to my size or lack thereof... that's different) and more is not always less, this cake is IT. THE cake.
Unfortunately, as is the case with many things in life, the idea works better in theory than practice. In practice, it turns out, combining a classic cheesecake with a mocha cheesecake with an oreo cheesecake produces a dessert that appears to be suffering from a kind of identity crisis and oreo-measles. Evidently three kinds of cake cannot coexist in one slice. I thought it was interesting, at first, to be able to get three flavours in one bite, and then I tasted the distinct flavour of ginger. Seriously. Ginger. In a Cheesecake. I can only assume this was some chemical reaction gone awry in regards to the combination of mocha and oreos, but it was totally weird. 10 marks for creativity, 2 for execution; more is not always better.