Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chocolate Moist; Alexis, Bangsar

Was not moist. At all. In fact, should have been called Chocolate Dry-and-Crumbles-In-Your-Mouth instead.

I am ashamed to admit I enjoyed it anyway, because you can pretty much drip hot melted chocolate over anything and I will instantly and automatically become a fan. An even better idea would have been to not bake the cake at ALL (seeing as the highlight of the dessert was actually the melted chocolate, it wouldn't have been a huge loss) and leave it as batter. Then the whole THING would be a veritable soup of Chocolate Moist and the decision to become aqueous would be the cake's way of rebelling against its previously deceptive "moist"-but-in-actuality-dry-as-sandpaper form by going the extreme in the other direction. I realize that salmonella is an unpleasant disease and one should not make a habit of eating raw eggs, sugar and cocoa powder, but I blame this perverse addiction on my former maid, who was either unaware of salmonella or was trying to poison me because I would smack her butt fifty times a day for fun. Whenever she made cake she'd ply my sisters and me with cake batter. Also she would make us fight for it. In retrospect this behaviour seems very suspect. I probably didn't notice it at the time because I was too busy licking bowls of cake batter.