Friday, December 26, 2008

Dutch Tea; Dutch Harbour Cafe, Malacca

It's the day after Christmas and the Big Bosses are not in the office so the Lowly Underlings are savoring this rare and precious freedom and are roaming KLCC during office hours. If you see someone who looks like me in Kinokuniya or in the cinema anytime during 9am - 5pm, look away. It must be an evil twin doppelganger and you probably don't want to mess with her.


The end of the Malacca saga-in-pictures: coffee and cake at the Dutch Harbour Cafe, which overlooks the winding Venice-like river in town.

Koffie verkeerd, or, in English, coffee the wrong way round. Cafe au Lait with reversed proportions: 20% coffee and 80% milk, which suits my contrarian nature perfectly. Because why SHOULD something be the way everyone says it should be?! You should question everything and then do the opposite. I like this Dutch coffee mentality.


Dutch Apple Cake: I really only ordered this because I felt compelled to order something Dutch-y since I was in Malacca and at a Dutch cafe, but I was pleasantly surprised by the apple cake. It was warm and moist and comforting and it was raining outside and the whole effect was very under-your-covers-on-a-rainy-Sunday-morning.


Going to... umm... do work now. Remember what I said about the evil twin. She's very sneaky so really, remember that it definitely is not me waltzing around KLCC on a Friday afternoon, very blatantly not being in the office doing work.