Whenever I articulate this dislike I usually get a dismissive 'pffft and you call yourself a Malay' in response, to which I would answer: i) I do not agree with the entire concept of race as a whole, only culture, so would not really call myself anything if the societal pressures exerted upon me by the hoi polloi to use the darn word weren't so strong, and ii) I love durians with a smelly, creamy, heaty passion, so that should somehow compensate for any cultural related pride and loyalty that I lack in regards to desserts. Hmm I'm digressing. My point was I do not like cendol but goosey does (one of the EXTREMELY limited number of foods that he likes/will willingly eat that I do not like/will not willing eat--I'm sure this means something figuratively in the grand scheme of Me & Him, but I am too busy to ponder this), so I took pictures of the cendol served at one of the many, MANY cendol stalls around Malacca.
Cendol is one of those foods I've always wished that I liked. It looks so refreshing and simple. Unfortunately it makes me gag. Enjoy the pictures anyway.