Friday, September 5, 2008

Chipotle Shrimp; Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

I haven't been able to update because it's Ramadan, I'm fasting, hungry all the time, and my stomach growls ferociously at the sight or smell of any sort of food. Which means that I am not even able to look at this blog for fear of inciting the growls (that my coworkers so graciously pretend they do not hear). I think I've come up with a solution though... if I update in the morning when I'm not as hungry then my stomach might not make as much noise... wait, never mind, it just growled. I kid you not. My stomach likes proving me wrong.

As I was saying... it is Ramadan, in which the epic, annual, monthly battle between willpowers and stomachs the world over takes place. I do NOT like losing. If this is all a power struggle to determine whether food controls me or I control food, then dammit (I know I know, don't curse while you're fasting, but it doesn't count as cursing if it's typed), I will prevail and fast and be happy about it. For this one month. And during the rest of the year I will quite happily let food control me.

What I ate before Ramadan (not the last supper, but the last lunch):


Chipotle shrimp! I am just a sucker for shrimp and cheesy things. And garlic bread. And nachos (on the rice). The fact that chipotle was actually an ingredient in the meal as well was moot, because I liked everything else anyway.