Monday, October 29, 2012

Deal Breakers

Because it's Monday, and I'm cranky, and haters are gonna hate, only in this instance I'm the hater.

1. Typing "d" or "e" for "the".

You give the gods of Not Writing Like a Lunatic TWO EXTRA LETTERS and they will grant you literacy, being taken seriously, and puppies and rainbows. TWO LETTERS. It will not kill you to type like you actually give a shit and have a brain.

Related: "dis" for "this" and other types of this abbrev-speak.

2. Referring to one's husband as "hubby".

This is a complete and utter (metaphorical) boner kill for me. It literally gives me the heebie jeebies. Like if you say it in front of me and happen to be observant: you will actually see a subtle cringe and uncontrollable shudder go through my body (subtle because I'm a POLITE hater, and I'm made to understand that vomiting in public isn't very lady-like).

If I were to promise my future husband anything, anything in the entire world and mean it with all my heart and every fibre of my being, other than to love him forever and all that of course, it would be to NEVER EVER call him hubby, even under pain of death.

Related: being called "babe" (by guys - fine if by girls). I have a weird allergic reaction to most pet names actually. If I was a guy and dating myself I would be terrified to call me anything other than my own name. Which is actually my second name. I don't go by my first name. Yes okay fine after typing all this out I realize I may have name issues.

3. Putting empty ice trays into the freezer.

Why? Why?! I just don't understand why anyone would want to expend the extra effort of putting the ice trays BACK in the freezer if they're empty. Surely it would be less straining just to leave them out on the counter so that someone else can undertake the Herculean effort of filling the trays with water and putting them into the freezer?!

4. Entitled Malay Male Douchebags.

This means you, sexist chauvinist with your logic-defying double standards about how it's fine for YOU to do certain things, but not okay for your demure, ayu wives to do it (polygamy, partying, happy endings etc). This means you, smarmy and perverted probably-UMNO-voting future-Datuk stereotype. You are the epitome of everything that is corrupt and wrong in Malaysian society, and you don't even know it. These people usually "bro" each other unironically and cheat on their wives.


This post was brought to you by menstrual hormones and Monday.