
I shall kick off 2011 with a Metaphorical Pictorial Breakfast, because breakfasts signal fresh starts! The invigorating promise of a new day! Energetic mornings that may or may not slowly deteriorate into lazy afternoons! Who cares that we are already 10 days into the new year thus rendering this breakfast not too metaphorically fresh after all! In light of that fact we shall call it brunch, which I have always much preferred because brunch allows one to have their sleep and eat their breakfast too!

Exclamation marks aside (!), I don't believe in new year's resolutions (anymore, conveniently, because I suffer from a chronic lack of resolve and without fail fail to stick to any resolutions at all). So instead, I present my List of Things I Strive to Accomplish in 2011:
1. Read more. My bookshelf is already sagging and overflowing, but the goal for 2011 is for me to be forced to buy another bookshelf. So I have two, I mean, not by breaking the one and then having to replace it. Related point: must also try to read Middlemarch, which I have been resolving to do since I was 15 years old. This means I have been stuck on Chapter 3 for 11 years.
2. Sleep more. This does not mean hibernate on weekends. This means sleep at a decent hour each weeknight. (Decent is relative according to amount of interesting nocturnal distractions though.)
3. Get a Malaysian driver's license. It is appalling that I am still using my Bruneian driver's license. It would be more appalling if I had ever been pulled over by the police and asked to produce my driver's license, but thank the jeebus, I have not. So basically it's just appalling how paranoid I am every time I drive and see a cop car. This paired with my general unease in cars does not bode well for other people on the road and in my car.
4. Write more. It's therapeutic and I have a shitty memory, so venting in a blog seems like the appropriate thing to do.
5. Exercise. More. Okay fine. Exercise, period.
6. Bake more. I should say cook, so that I cover savoury foods as well as sweet, but the prospect of doing culinary-like things to chicken and meat and potatoes just isn't as appealing and playing with sugar, eggs, cream and chocolate, so... bake more. Cooking once a fortnight = bonus points.
7. Eventually turn the entire inside of my handbag pink. I've got a pink ipod, card case, blackberry cover, wallet and various pouches. But how pink can I go? I really want to find out. Please stop me before I become a crazed Hello Kitty fangirl though.
My goals! They are so great and lofty.