Thursday, July 15, 2010

Waffles & Ice Cream; Hartamas

Yes. So. Contrary to popular belief, or rather, the total radio silence MIA AWOL where the fuck did she go now, I did not die. (Unless you count being totally swamped with work as death, which I am inclined to do.) I just got lazy about it. And then lazier. And then even lazier. And the fact that my office network blocked blogspot did not counteract the laziness, and then before I knew it, I hadn't blogged in a year, and now I miss it.

So I have returned, dear loyal readership of two (my mom, and maybe my aunt: hello!), and as I have not been starving myself over the past year (I will now be grudgingly honest and say that is DEFINITELY not the case, and if you would like proof, please behold my increasing derriere; baby got back and IS back), and could not rid myself of the irritating habit of snapping pictures of my food before I devour it, I now have many many food pictures of which to post.

A lot has happened in a year, and I feel that I have grown in many aspects of my personality and have matured as a human being.

For example, I used to dislike waffles and ice cream, or at least used to deny that I liked it, but now I like it and have come out of the closet. This took much time and effort, as I had to grapple with the fact that I cannot and will not bite ice cream (you're supposed to lick it! Tongue not teeth! It's cold and melts, which means it is liquid!) and it is a difficult, trying task, attempting to get your mouth to bite the waffle but lick the ice cream. But I persevered, learned to mouth multitask, and now present to you a picture of my new friend, waffles and ice cream.

There are, of course, many other ways in which I have grown and matured, all of which are as remarkably important and terribly interesting as this one, but my blog wouldn't be my blog if I didn't veer wildly off topic and write rambling soliloquies about nothing in particular while pretending to write about food. Right?