Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cuppacakes; Wondermilk

I am all of a sudden sick sick sick and I hate it. I can even pinpoint the early symptoms and when they began, though how they became a full blown fever and cold in such a short period of time is beyond me. Apparently there's a flu bug going around at work, and (appropriately enough) work germs are hyper-productive and efficient.

First I started just sneezing uncontrollably; an hour later I started to become ridiculously hey-everyone-see-the-liquid-steadily-drip-out-of-my-nose sniffly; and an hour after that my throat started to join the discomfort party, only to convince the other partygoers to transform said party into a full out pain carnival.

So now I am bed-ridden and disgusting and ingesting this extremely untasty drug cocktail twice a day.


And the definitive kicker and ultimate confirmation that I really am sick (other than the tell-tale green phlegm): I can't even eat my cupcakes. Noooo! Everything tastes like cardboard and I can't smell anything. Stupid flu. You can take away my sense of taste and smell but you will never take away my eyes (umm now that I've said that and tempted fate please do not blind me seeing as--see what I did there?!--I'm practically legally blind anyway) and I can still look at them. And they are so pretty. Thank you goosey! I'm sure they taste delicious to someone who can actually taste. As much as I hate being sick, having cakes brought to my door almost makes up for it.